The other one..

Saturday, March 15, 2014

I Think, Therefore I am.. Just Bored

It becomes a fine morning when I'm actually looking forward to something. Alex Hitchins (The Hitch) says to the.. ahem.. Eva Mendes character," Start each day as if it were on purpose." (I think?) My mind seems strangely oblivious to the underlying principle involved here and my thought (which I now refer to as the Wandering Eye of Mordor), at a single moment in time seems to drive itself to 'understand' stuff than actually experience them. 

The questions of 'why' and 'how' which were instrumental in the survival and accomplishments of  our species, while elevates your attitude towards life, might not fare as well as efficient instruments in the actual living of it. In fact, the more you understand something, the more it seems to squeeze out every bit of wonder and excitement which might have given you a laugh or a passing smile. I'm now looking at the things I thought I knew in different ways to see if the theory is sound. For eg., the saying 'Ignorance is bliss' seems to have taken a more endearing shade of inviting blue now. 

As I'm writing this I realize that I'm trying to dissect and understand this state of sublime discontent as well, and I see it fit to stop now and let the feeling wash over me and make me feel like a 'real boy'.


No comments:

Post a Comment